The Woman Behind the Business, Welcome to My Life
Hey All, My name is April Vargo. Welcome to Play.Sing.Act, LLC. Instead of writing a long-epic novel about myself, I've highlighted key events below. I've included a video for you to get a better idea of who I am. Why post one, posed picture when you can experience live, action shots? Enjoy!
- April has been involved in music and theatre since childhood. She had fabulous experiences in bands, choirs, and theatre productions. She had the opportunities to travel and perform, along with a taste of directing. She wanted to make a difference and give back while providing people with life changing opportunities.
- April went to college for music education receiving both an academic and music scholarship.
- Throughout her time in college, April studied and performed abroad.
- April graduated from St. Norbert College in 2008 with a degree in Music Education.
- April began teaching right out of college and would continue to teach in private and public schools for eight years. During this time she:
- Grew and established general music programs - complete with a formal curriculum, standards, and results supported by data.
- Developed community outreach opportunities where her students performed in various venues throughout the Chicago suburbs and city.
- Created and establish theatre programs that enabled students to perform both stage plays and musicals. Students participated in all aspects of the show including auditions, crew, tech, set building, directing, production, and advertising. They received both a formal education and real world experience.
- In 2016, April launched Play.Sing.Act, LLC to:
- Promote the performing arts as an integral form of education and study by utilizing the vast array of technology available.
- Give individuals regardless of age, location, and experience the opportunity to participate in the performing arts through the use of individual Zoom lessons or group classes.
- Integrate technology and the performing arts in the classroom in schools and programs around the globe through the use of instructional videos and curriculum packages that can be worked into any classroom regardless of subject-matter being taught.
- In addition to running a business, April still performs and directs in the Chicagoland area. In her free time she enjoys traveling, spending time with family and friends, and renovation projects around her house.
If you have any questions or would like to reach out to April, please feel free to do so at firstname.lastname@example.org